Motivational Gurus The People Who Are Redefining Success

Monday, March 8, 2010

Suze Orman - Step 2: Facing your fears and creating new truths

Step 2: Facing your fears and creating new truths
This second step is really just an extension of the first one. Once you’ve teased out that memory in detail, you can dig through it to see what exactly it says about your current views on personal finance.
The mechanism that the book uses for teasing out these meanings is to make a list of your current fears. What are you afraid of? Once you’re able to actually be honest with yourself and list them, comparing these insights to your memory can be very insightful. Quite often, the memory explains the root cause of your fear. Once you understand what exactly the fear is, you can begin to tackle it in various ways; Suze suggests the “traditional” idea of a mantra that you repeat for comfort and confidence.
To me, the first two steps felt very much like typical “self help” concepts, but they did work; I was able to find a key money memory and it did reflect clearly on my behavior with money today. I don’t particularly find a mantra to be useful for me, but I do agree with the need to conquer fear. The Simple Dollar itself is part of my method of conquering my fear of personal finance.
Suze Orman Money Memories Audio Book 2.2 MB (Rapidshare)
downloads
Suze Orman Financial Fears Audio Book 1.5 MB (Rapidshare)
downloads

No comments:

Post a Comment